Saturday, October 14, 2006

Monstro: Not Quite Beta Material

So, recently I've been told that my blog is too old school to allow commentary from new school hep cats. In other words, it's not beta. So, I decided to rectify that situation by becoming beta. Good news! I am now beta. Isn't that awesome. Bad news. My blogs aren't.

You see when I log in as Beta Monstro, it asks me whether or not I want to make a blog. It does not give me the option of transferring over the blog. According to blogger.com, as time goes on they will be asking more and more blogs to move over to the beta format. They just haven't asked me yet.

Obviously I could open up yet another blog called Gretchin Rock! or some shit like that, but man, I've got links going back and forth from my site. That sounds like an incredible nightmare.

Of course, this does make me feel a little better. I think I've received three comments on my blog total, and one was quite clearly a mass mailer. On my website, my guest sign in book is pitiful. Maybe I should run a bulletin board? By the way, anyone out there know how to run a bulletin board?

The idea that there are thousands of Warhammer junkies out there who would just love to comment on my blog is, I think, inticing, but my general attitude is: "how the hell would they find me?" I have a vision of how this thing sort of works and it involves using ebay as advertisement for my website, and from there, maybe they find my blog. Or the opposite, maybe people who look for 40k websites will find "The Empire of Mankind" and move from there to my website. I did not expect, however, to get anything going until I started putting crap up on ebay again.

Well, last week the website got 71 unique hits. Eleven of whom stuck around for more than twenty minutes. Where are these people coming from? Well, glad you like what you see, tell friends. I will attempt to put up more stuff on the bargain bin shortly.

As for people who'd like to comment, man, I'm trying. I really am. I have a minor in computer science. I have worked as a webmaster. I can obviously design a web page. But I know nothing about how computers work. If there is some "interesting" feature that I should be using, forget it. I'm a busy man, or I'm not a smart man; take your pick. But if I can't figure out how to get frinds on my IM account, I sure as hell can't get my blog turned beta until they make it some sort of push button operation.

There's always anonymous posting. I would love to publish even anonymous posts so long as they're not rudeness or open hostility.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems to have upgraded you! I can now post.