Tuesday, October 10, 2006

new stuff for dead worlds

I suppose it's not too hard to figure out that I really like Ice Worlds. The problem with ice world is that, in 40k, they're just worlds that are white rather than green (or brown). I think that's...nice. I mean, I like the aesthetic, but...can I get some more, I suppose is what I'm asking. I mean the idea behind an alien ice battle is troops popping out from under the ice and losing your dreadnought in a fozen lake and giant geo-thermal vents, and that damn monster that grabs Luke and hangs him in this cave. That's an ice battle!

So, two things. First of all, up on my website, monstromakes.com, I now have rules for using Stratagems to spice up your ice world games (including a couple of new stratagems). My list of new stratagems is growing, but I've decided to put them out a bit at a time as a teaser.

But not teaser on point two. I've put up the basics for how to make snow and ice effects for ice world scenery. I got tired of answering all the damn emails one at a time. I figure, if you read those directions and want to make the ice world scenery then chances are, you aren't rushing to me to buy scenery anyway. On the other hand, if you look at the directions and think, "oh, I'm never going to do that," maybe you'll be more willing to buy the scenery from me. So, yes, that's kind of a trade secret, but not one that, if leeked to the world, will put me out of business.

No comments: