Saturday, March 22, 2008

Love/Hate or me and the Baneblade

I'm currently putting a Baneblade together for a friend of mine so that he can play Apocalypse at the con.

Okay, nice big tank. Great. Pretty much looks like the Forces of Valor tanks, only it's twice as expensive, unassembled, and unpainted.

Next problem. Exactly how many different parts were actually needed to make this thing? I mean, I put together the seventy or eighty parts to make ONE tread and when it's done, it pretty much looks like they could have cast it as one piece. They do that for dollar store toys, what's the problem GW?

Lastly, I've got the thing halfway put together and I've noticed something. There is literally no space for any sort of customization. My friend plays a kind of daemon hunter support army. He likes squats and things painted red and gray. I like the idea. It's great, but I've got no place to put an inquisitor symbol on this thing and it's the size of a...well...a tank.

My recommendation. Go to your local toy store, buy a Forces of Valor tank. Cut a commissar in half, and put him up top. Later that night, play your Baneblade.

Or...go the GW route and have your Baneblade in play some time around the fourth of July.

Geez, do these people have stock in crazy glue or something?

No comments: