Thursday, March 27, 2008

Weird one

Okay, vehicle is destroyed. The squad inside disembarks and is entangled. On the next round, a greater Daemon becomes available. If he possesses the aspiring champion of that squad, is he is still entangled? The rules say that if a greater daemon possesses an aspiring champion who is in close combat, then the model is placed outside of combat, and that if the possessed model is in a vehicle, it must immediately disembark. I can find no other rules that even closely resemble this one.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Q said...

I believe that it says that Greater Daemons can't be pinned or entangled?

wbp2e said...

Being that a greater Daemon isn't allowed in a transport hence the champion having to walk out when he gets possessed, I would say that a greater daemon cannot be entangled in a vehicle even if his host was and here's why: If the rules prevent a greater daemon to benefit from the transport rules why would the rules make a Greater daemon suffer the cons of the transport rules? It wouldn't make sense to me. I imagine the AC being stuck under the door of the transport when his body erupts with the Daemon bursting out sending that door flying. Really a Greater Damon being stuck under a door or piece of track when it s bursting out of someone...mmmmm I don't think so.

Monstro D. Whale said...

That's what I thought to. The good thing about having two people in the next room fighting their battles is that we have a ready stream of judges. The problem is that I'm going to play one of them next week and so they can sometimes play their judgements a little close to their own interests. Ultimately, this little bit of rule weirdness came down a roll off. I got it. But think about how powerful that is. Rhino rolls forward. Gets blown up. Troops disembark and are entangled. Who cares, greater daemon is loose and pillaging anyway. I love Chaos.